5 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4" slices (I used 3 Fuji and 2 granny smith)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
Crumble & Topping
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil (not melted)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Combine apples, cinnamon, vanilla, coconut sugar and arrowroot flour. Stir well, be sure to coat the apples evenly. Pour all apple filling into an 8x8 pan and set aside to prepare the crumb topping.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour and sugar. Add coconut oil and using your hands gently work into the flour until becoming coarse with no dry flour remaining. Add in the almond and walnuts (or pecans).
- Cover apples with crumb topping and back until golden brown (approximately 30 minutes).
- Serve warm with almond milk or coconut milk ice cream.