1 head cauliflower cut into florets
1/2 sweet onion sliced
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
48 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of brown sugar (or sweetener of choice, Stevia, honey, etc.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Coconut milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cauliflower, onion, garlic and several springs of thyme on a baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Cook until cauliflower is fork tender. (Approximately 25 - 30 minutes.)
3. Place roasted cauliflower mix in a large pot. Add salt, pepper, turmeric, sugar, arrowroot flour and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender.
5. Garnish with coconut milk and fresh thyme.
Below is a related article that talks about the health benefits of turmeric, one of the best natural treatments for arthritis. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory and we feel everyone should know about it.