- Crust & Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup almond or cashew flour (see Amazon link below)
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk yogurt
- 1/4 cut coconut sugar (more or less depending on your desired level of sweetness)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond or cashew flour (see Amazon link below)
- Blueberry Layer
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey (see Amazon link below)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot flour (see Amazon link below)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Crust and Crumble Topping - In a large microwave-safe bowl melt butter.
- Add the sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add flour and salt. Stir to combine. The mixture will be dry with some larger crumb pieces.
- Set approximately 3/4 crumble mixture aside.
- Transfer remaining mixture to the prepared pan, and using your hands pack the mixture to create a smooth, flat crust.
- Filling - In a medium bowl, add egg, almond milk yogurt, sugar, vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add flour and whisk to combine.
- Pour filling over crust and shake pan to distribute evenly. Set aside.
- Blueberry layer - in a separate mixing bowl add all filling ingredients and toss to combine. Evenly distribute blueberry mixture over filling.
- Sprinkle the reserved crust mixture to top.
- Bake until golden brown and edges and center are bubbling (Approximately 50 - 60 minutes). Watch bars closely to make sure they do not burn. Allow it to cool on wire rack for at least an hour or overnight to ensure nicely shaped bars.
Shop This Recipe: