THAI CHICKEN AND PUMPKIN RED CURRY SOUP
- Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Shredded chicken
- Fresh basil (garnish)
Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to frying pan. Add ginger and garlic cooking until fragrant. Add peppers and carrots. Cook until fork tender. Add curry paste, coconut milk, water, fish sauce, chili pepper, sugar and chopped basil. Stir to combine.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until vegetables have softened to your liking.
Remove pot from heat, add aminos and salt.
For more spice, add additional chili pepper or sriracha